Our systems have detected that you are using a computer with an IP address located in the USA.
If you are currently not located in the USA, please click “Continue” in order to access our Website.
Local restrictions - provision of cross-border services
Swissquote Bank Ltd (“Swissquote”) is a bank licensed in Switzerland under the supervision of the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA). Swissquote is not authorized as a bank or broker by any US authority (such as the CFTC or SEC) neither is it authorized to disseminate offering and solicitation materials for offshore sales of securities and investment services, to make financial promotion or conduct investment or banking activity in the USA whatsoever.
This website may however contain information about services and products that may be considered by US authorities as an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity having an effect in the USA.
By clicking “Continue”, you confirm that you have read and understood this legal information and that you access the website on your own initiative and without any solicitation from Swissquote.
Inside a trader's mind
N°3 July 2018
3. EDITORIAL by Marc Bürki
8. SCANS Economic survey
16. TRENDS Personalities, nations, innovations
18. INTERVIEW Willi Miesch, the Swiss mending broken bones
24. FOCUS The surprising decline of the US stock exchange
26. FINANCE Finance activists
30. TECHNOLOGY Lift manufacturers reinvent themselves
36. DOSSIER: INSIDE A TRADER’S MIND
38. Trading places: a day in the life of a trader
45. Decision-making decoded
46. Infographic: a link between an appetite for risk and grey matter
48. Interview with Paul Glimcher, the American neuroeconomist
50. Seven illustrious traders and investors
58. The death of Homo Economicus
60. Will robots replace traders?
62. SWISSQUOTE The promises of artificial intelligence
64. Swissquote launches its credit card
66. TRANSPORT Flying taxis take off
72. TRAVEL The Algarve, the gem of Atlantic golf
76. MOTORCYCLES A green revolution on two wheels
80. TRIED AND TESTED PowerRay, the aquatic drone
Aimed primarily at today's investors, the Swissquote Magazine features groundbreaking stories to guide investors toward a successful personal investment strategy. It gives in-depth insights, fresh ideas and interviews with businessmen and women from Switzerland and abroad. The Swissquote Magazine is published six times a year and is available in kiosks or via subscription.
With the launch of its own business publication, Swissquote Bank is expanding its offering and branching out into a completely new area
The Swissquote Magazine, produced every two months, will of course help boost the company's profile and reach out to a whole new audience. It represents an interesting addition to the Swiss media landscape, focusing on the practical needs of its readers, and helping them choose their investments.
The magazine is produced in three languages and covers the whole of Switzerland. It is an ideal complement to the information available on the web, featuring in-depth articles and cutting-edge analysis on every sector of the economy. It covers a broad spectrum of views, including financial experts, leading figures from politics and industry as well as analysts, allowing readers to form a sound opinion prior to making an investment online.
The magazine has four main sections, including interviews with leading players from the economy, expert advice on sectors, products and analysis, a consumer section incorporating lifestyle and leisure and finally a section dedicated to helping Swissquote users make the most of their platform each day.
The Swissquote Magazine is published six times a year and is available in kiosks or via subscription. You may also access our online version for free!
Feedback and contacts
Swissquote Bank SA
Chemin de la Crétaux 33
CH - 1196 Gland
T: +41 (0)22 999 95 44
F: +41 (0)22 999 94 54
Printed copy - six issues over 12 months for just CHF 40!
Cheaper than the magazine price at newsstands
Your Swissquote Magazine delivered to your doorstep
You can manage your subscription online